Contact Me

smalltowninsanity@gmail.com

Friday, November 8, 2013

Bear!

This post I found in my drafts telling me to retry to publish. It's from a month and a bit ago already! 
I am always a bit nervous to go for walks with just the dogs, Willow and I as we live in a park and there are a million animals among us. I feel a little bit more safe in the town site which is a five minute drive away. I wasn't even two minutes into my run when out walked a bear right in front of us. The bears are pretty slow moving and fat these days so he or she just looked at us and kept on walking right across the road. It made me realize that yes you always need to be cautious but I shouldn't be such a scaredy cat. It just made me more grateful that I get to share a piece of the Earth with such magnificent creatures. (Yes friends you may laugh at my hippie nonsense) I did however pay a heck of a lot of attention to any little crackle I heard in the woods after that.


It's that time of year where we have the whole park to ourselves. It's seriously the best. On the weekends the stores open back up but not many visitors come up anymore. We have been taking full advantage of the quiet. 



1 comment:

  1. your child has a gorgeous life, and she is just radiant. bears in the woods, oh my! it feels good and makes life more grand and vital to be so close to the wild.

    ReplyDelete

Yessss, I love comments! Thank You xo