Contact Me

smalltowninsanity@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Playa Del Carmen

We are back from our fabulous Mexican vacation!! We had so much fun in the hot hot heat that when mom and I arrived back home two days we were more than a little depressed to be back in the cold.  Clearly the only solution is to spend the entire day in our jams eating chocolates, ice cream & casseroles. Pretty much the only viable way to get back into the swing of things in the middle of this deep freeze we call winter.

I have a lot of pictures that I want to share but I won't bore you with them all. The next couple of days I will post some of my faves. Brace yo selves, they are goooood. Lot's of Willow, obviously!!

The first couple of nights we spent with our good friend Fernanda aka Furry or Frrrrrrr (rolling your r's) and her mom in Playa Del Carmen. Fernanda was an exchange student my Auntie hosted about 8 years ago. Since then we have kept in contact and she has been to Canada numerous times, we have met up in Hawaii and Mazatlan as well. So it was pretty wicked to get to see her again on her own soil. She was a very helpful tour guide and translator for the couple of nights we got to spend with her. She introduced us to a fun Cuban bar with delicious ceviche (my fave). We couldn't stay there for long though because the Cuban band offering us some beats you couldn't help but shake your shoulders or butt too was a little too loud for our precious Willow. She introduced us to Jugo Verde, ask dad all about this juice. He is very proud to say it in enspanol. She took us for some delicious authentic tacos. And we had a great time just visiting and catching up. Thank You Furry for everything xoxoxoxo. Wish you could have stayed with us longer.

Jugo Verde (Green Juice)





We enjoyed Playa Del Carmen but I honestly wouldn't stay there again. It's fun to visit for a day or two but it's just too busy for a hick myself. We were very happy when we arrived to Puerto Morelos!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Yessss, I love comments! Thank You xo