Contact Me

smalltowninsanity@gmail.com

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Birth Story Part 1

Sorry blog friends for my lack of blog posts lately. I have been super busy loving, kissing, feeding, staring, cuddling, changing, adoring my precious baby GIRL!

I didn't have a chance to write my 39 week post as I was giving birth that day but here is a picture of my hot bod in a bikini two days before. Ohhh yeaaaah, I was workin' it :p

 Birth Story Part 1

The entire week before I gave birth I was experiencing menstrual type cramps, was not feeling "right", and had little to no energy. Pretty typical for this phase of pregnancy. The end was so close I could taste it! I loved absolutely every part of pregnancy but when you get so close to the end you get pretty tired of the whole being pregnant bit and just want your  little babe in your arms. Anywho, at my check up my water actually broke in the doctor's office. As soon as I felt the pop and warm gush of fluid I made J run to the car to grab pants and full back undies. I was definitely wearing white capris and a thong. Ladies, when you are that far along don't wear white and thongs. I never realized how much fluid GUSHES out of you (and for a long time). It's so uncomfortable, every gush feels like a super heavy period or pee. Poor J was so frantic, when the doctor told us to head to the hospital he was in absolute panic mode and I'm pretty sure he thought I was going to give birth within the hour (which would have been nice). After being congratulated by people in the waiting room we headed to the car where J was running full speed too... he forgot the keys. I laugh thinking of what a mess the poor guys was.

When we got to the hospital the nurses checked my vitals. My temperature was pretty high but it's because it was so stinking hot that day and I had just walked up a hill to get to the hospital. So I enjoyed some cherry popsicles and ice water until my temp dropped.

 The nurse said I was getting pretty frequent contractions but I couldn't feel them. They wanted to keep us there for the night as we live two hours away from the hospital. So I headed to the recovery ward to get some rest and relax for the night.

 I didn't relax at all. My contractions were not frequent but when I would get them, they were pretty strong. At 12:30AM, July.12th they really started to pick up. They were about 3-4 minutes apart and very strong. They sent J and I over to labor & delivery. I definitely didn't want to just lay in bed, I wanted to roam free through the hospital. So as soon as we got down there J and I dropped off our stuff in the room and headed straight for the stairs so I could go up and down them. J was shocked at how "normal" I was acting. I had been texting my friend Bre and she had told me to walk lots and concentrate on my breathe so that's exactly what I did and that was my life saver. I was walking up and down the stairs and would break only for a small dance session or to breathe through my contraction. Every contraction I had I thought to myself, this is a good thing, you are one step close to meeting your babe. I was really in awe at how my body and baby were doing so much work to prepare, it was an amazing experience. After going up and down many flights of stairs we went back to the room to try and get some sleep as I hadn't slept a wink yet. However, my contractions did not want me to sleep!


12 comments:

  1. YAY! Yow exciting!! :) Can't wait for the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!! Can't wait to hear the rest of your story! Isn't the birthing process amazing?! Hope you are recovering well and enjoying your sweet GIRL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you :) I actually 'enjoyed' laboring as well...our bodies work so efficiently! It truly is a miracle. Hope all is well, can't wait to read more and see the baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FINALLY! I was stalking you all over to see the news, congratulations! Doesn't time fly taking care of a newborn? I'm so happy for you guys, can't wait to hear the name you picked for her! Sending hugs your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I can't wait to hear the rest of your story. My water also broke at my OB appointment, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!! can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures. congratulations. isn't it the best feeling in the WHOLE WORLD!??? our lucinda was born july 17. i am still working on my birth story and i am so in love.

    best wishes to your sweet sweet little family during the babymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been waiting for this post, Korben is almost 3 and I was just telling his birth story to a girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww congrats!! So exciting and thanks for letting us know about the water break...I need a change of clothes on me at all
    Times!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS!! SO happy for you! She is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg congrats! This is so exciting! I'm excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness!! i missed this happening. :( congrats! congrats! im reading your birth story from this one up now. :) yaaaay!

    ReplyDelete

Yessss, I love comments! Thank You xo