Contact Me

smalltowninsanity@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It wasn't a rock.... it was a rock lobster

J got to go lobster fishing for his first time a couple of days ago. He has wanted to try it out forever and after a drunken conversation on Saturday he was out on the boat on Monday. He had an amazing time and has a whole new appreciation for fishermen. He said it was a lot of work and such an early morning with all that fresh air sure makes you tired. I am happy he is not a fisherman because he really sucks at being quiet in the morning. He was up at 4:00am, left the house at 4:35am and leaving the harbor at 5:00am... yuuck.
J proudly showing off one of the lobsters he helped catch.
 We had a great feast of lobster, steak, & chicken at J's family friends. We had a lovely time visiting and I am very much looking forward to Kelly & Karens wedding on Saturday woooweee :D. I wish J was going to be around still :(
I may look calm but I def squeeled and pranced about before this picture was taken

The next day our fabulous neighbours brought over 6 lobsters fresh off the boat. Man, are we spoiled. Coming from the prairies I am used to a very rare sub par lobster feast, living on the east coast I feel very spoiled. Pretty much a seafood lovers paradise! Our neighbours and friends were dropping us off crab last week, so we have a fridge and freezer filled with the good stuff.

J has become a pro lobster cooker and de-sheller. I am still pretty squirmish with the whole picking up the lobster and boiling them to death. Eeeek. I guess I will have to get over that. I am not a vegetarian by any means but I just have a hard time seeing my food being killed. I am totally one of those spider/bug savers...
Timbit is in his own world lol

Curious little Lil

Those claws are sharp, J got cut up quite a bit

Timbit loves lobster

We had a delicious lobster sandwich and put the rest in the freezer for later feasts :)

4 comments:

  1. Thats really nice of your neighbors, it must be wonderful to have access to so much fresh seafood. I'm not sure how I feel about boiling them myself. Your pets are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally burst out laughing when I saw your cat in the background! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're braver than me holding that lobster!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww you're making me want some lobster...looks real
    Good!!

    ReplyDelete

Yessss, I love comments! Thank You xo