Contact Me

smalltowninsanity@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Paint, Peace, and Peanut Butter Cups

Today was such a peaceful day for me. We were expecting a snow storm and so far it's just been snow, not much of a storm. It's been snowing steadily since about 1:00 today. I was in one of those moods where I was just feeling grateful. Grateful for where I live and grateful for all the fabulous people in my life. Every perfect dancing snowflake and Rachael Yamagata and Ray Lamontagne had a lot to do with these thoughts. These exceptional feeling masked the fact I am still priming these dreadful cupboards :p
MY DAY :
My helper

Put my other little helper to work as soon as he got home.
Lily got some paint on her ears while working so hard

We are in desperate need to make the hour and a half drive to go grocery shopping!!! A friend had given us haddock months ago so I decided to put it to use. I baked it in the oven along with some spinach, garlic, tomatoes, oregano, parsley,  pepper, onions and a little bit of  cheese. Then made some rice and tomato sauce to go with it and it was DELICIOUS! I imagine it smells pretty fishy in here though... YUCK

Lily and I relaxing after a hard days work. In the mug is some ice cream with a peanut butter cup. I made a batch of one of my fave treats today but the chocolate didn't set on top it sank right to the bottom of the cup.  Still delicious, just very messy.
Lily loves snow, but she  can't make it down the stairs because there is just too much.
Daddy fixed that!!
Lily watching J.....
Do the hillbilly snow plow. Our driveway is so long and he has to get to work tomorrow. So to avoid shoveling in the morning he is driving up and down our driveway/road hahaha What a guy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yessss, I love comments! Thank You xo